10 Ways to Get More Out of Life
Are you living life to its fullest? Are you taking advantage of every opportunity? Have you found your passion?
If you didn’t answer with a resounding, “Yes!” to any of these questions, it might be time to re-evaluate your life.
Are you okay with the status quo? Is life so-so? Do you take zero risks?
If you thought, “Yeah, that sounds like me,” then it might be time to kick life up a notch.
So, how do you go about it?
Think about these things:
- Is the grass really greener on the other side?
- Who knows? Live your own life, and don’t compare it to others.
- Many people use social media to make their lives look better than it really is, and that makes others feel inadequate.
- “Look, Suzie’s life is perfect. Suzie’s kids are perfect. Everything about Suzie is perfect. And I’m just a loser.”
- Don’t fall into the trap.
- Braggarts are looking for a way to validate a life they’re unhappy living.
- Your life should be what’s most important to you.
- Are you making the most of it?
- What’s more important? Yesterday? Tomorrow? Or Today?
- Sometimes cliches say it best.
- Live in the moment.
- You only get one today, live it to its fullest.
- Be happy in this moment.
- Focus on the present.
- Enjoy the now.
- Be grateful
- Contemplate your life and be thankful.
- If you’re unsure where to start, reflect on things you might take for granted.
- “Just breathing can be such a luxury sometimes.” ~Walter Kirn
- A home
- Food on your table
- Find joy in the little things.
- Your snoring dog
- Blowing bubbles
- A messy house with growing kids
“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” ~Robert Breault
- Life’s more than a highway…pull into the rest stop
- Take time to put your busy life on pause.
- Instead of impatiently tapping your fingers, embrace the extra downtime.
- Waiting at a light, in the checkout line, at an appointment.
- Don’t pull out your phone – just sit and be.
- Be the first one or even the only one
- Take a chance.
- Have no regrets.
- Embarrass yourself.
- Embrace your inner child.
- Find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
- Set some goals.
- Ask yourself:
- What’s my passion?
- Where do I want to be in five years?
- Ask yourself:
- Create a Bucket List. And do it!
- Keep developing yourself
- Take classes.
- Find new hobbies.
- Take risks.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Always be asking questions.
- Try new things.
- Listen to The Best Seven TED Talks That Will Change Your Life.
- Answer life’s biggest question – Why am I here?
- What is your gift? Find out and share it.
- Be a good human
- Have integrity
- Be genuine and kind
- Good ethics, principles, and values are important
- Generosity is a gift
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~Maya Angelou
- Ignite your soul
- Read something every day
- Inspirational quotes
- Touching stories
- Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Listen to music
- Notice the beauty around you
- Someone else’s kind soul
The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Are you ready to get more out of the life you’re living? Hopefully, these ten tips will have you leading the life you’ve always dreamed of!