Best Books for Entrepreneurs
Have you dreamed of starting your own business? Or do you have your own business and you’re striving to hit that next level? What are you doing to make your dreams come true?
Are you connecting with experts to help? Are you using social media to reach out to people and gain knowledge? Have you picked up any books?
The selection of books geared towards entrepreneurs is large – and it can be overwhelming if you go to pick up a couple. But here are a few that are recommended and may be of use to you.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Think and Grow Rich has been called the “Granddaddy of All Motivational Literature.” It was the first book to boldly ask, “What makes a winner?” The man who asked and listened for the answer, Napoleon Hill, is now counted in the top ranks of the world’s winners himself.
- The most famous of all teachers of success spent “a fortune and the better part of a lifetime of effort” to produce the “Law of Success” philosophy that forms the basis of his books and that is so powerfully summarized in this one.
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
- This is an audiobook for busy people. If you want less on your plate and more for your life and career, tune in to the #1 Wall Street Journal bestseller, The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results. The ONE Thing will bring your life and your work into focus. Authors Gary Keller and Jay Papasan teach you the tricks to cut through the clutter, achieve better results in less time, dial down stress, and master what matters to you.
- The Slight Edge: Getting from Average to Advantage by Leo Weidner
- Make more money
- Get out of debt
- Find success in your career
- Repair or enhance your marriage
- Lose weight
- Visit your dream destination
- Break a bad habit
- Reduce stress
- Enhance your health
- Find happiness
- What is the secret to success? A mountain of extra effort? Stress and strain and sweat? The truth is that it doesn’t take everything you can – or can’t -give in order to be successful; all it takes is gaining the Slight Edge.
- The Slight Edge is that bit of targeted effort that will enable you to change your world from average to great – without all the stress. In The Slight Edge: Getting from Average to Advantage, LifeBalance Coach Leo Weidner will guide you through simple steps and practical strategies that will give you the power to make positive and permanent changes in your life.
- Find the power to achieve success and happiness in your life. It has already helped thousands of others – it will help you!
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- Most startups fail. But many of those failures are preventable. The Lean Startup is a new approach being adopted across the globe, changing the way companies are built and new products are launched.
- Eric Ries defines a startup as an organization dedicated to creating something new under conditions of extreme uncertainty. This is just as true for one person in a garage or a group of seasoned professionals in a Fortune 500 boardroom. What they have in common is a mission to penetrate that fog of uncertainty to discover a successful path to a sustainable business.
- The Lean Startup approach fosters companies that are both more capital efficient and that leverage human creativity more effectively. Inspired by lessons from lean manufacturing, it relies on “validated learning”, rapid scientific experimentation, as well as a number of counter-intuitive practices that shorten product-development cycles, measure actual progress without resorting to vanity metrics and learn what customers really want. It enables a company to shift directions with agility, altering plans inch by inch, minute by minute.
- Rather than wasting time creating elaborate business plans, The Lean Startup offers entrepreneurs – in companies of all sizes – a way to test their vision continuously, to adapt and adjust before it’s too late. Ries provides a scientific approach to creating and managing successful startups in an age when companies need to innovate more than ever.
No matter what type of business you have or are looking to start, you will probably always be looking for ways to make it bigger and better. And there are lots of resources out there that can help you do that – including the books on this list!
(*Book descriptions courtesy of Amazon.com)