Local Breakfast Spots
Jonathan Goldstein said, “Everyone runs around trying to find a place where they still serve breakfast because eating breakfast, even if it’s 5 o’clock in the afternoon, is a sign that the day has just begun and good things can still happen. Having lunch is like throwing in the towel.”
Of course, you don’t want to eat just any old breakfast. It needs to be delicious! There are lots of places that fit the bill in the Macungie area. If you’re looking for a breakfast spot to try – maybe give one of these places a shot!
- Hometown Breakfast Bar & Grill: Located in Breinigsville, Hometown Breakfast Bar & Grill is a popular spot for the first meal of the day. Omelettes, egg benedicts, and many other favorites fill their menu. French toast lovers should try the Mama’s Stuffed French Toast, and they have some delicious brunch cocktails if you’re looking to celebrate!
- East Penn Diner: When it comes to a diner menu what do you picture? Pages and pages of delicious choices? If that’s the case then head to East Penn Diner. With 5 pages of breakfast items plus a large selection of specials, everyone will find something to make their bellies happy here. And, you can always do curbside pick up if you want it to go!
- Bear Swamp Diner: The Bear Swamp Diner serves breakfast all day, making it a great place to stop when you have a craving for breakfast – even when breakfast is normally over! Be sure to try the home fries!
- 3 Men & A Bagel: Sometimes you don’t want a big breakfast and just want to grab a bagel! For those days, 3 Men & A Bagel has you covered! You can grab a bagel and cream cheese with a cup of coffee or one of their yummy egg sandwiches and be ready to start your day. And it’s always a good idea to take some bagels home and put them in the freezer!
- Starlite Diner & Lounge: Diners are popular spots for breakfast across the country as they often provide good food, good portions, and good prices. The Starlite Diner is no exception. Serving bacon and ham raised on Pennsylvania farms, this diner has some great dishes to choose from. When in doubt go with one of their many omelette choices.
- Trivet Diner: Another diner with a big breakfast menu is the Trivet Diner. They have all of the classic diner specials, plus a few additional healthy choices that are great additions. The Chicken Cordon Bleu omelette located under the “Healthy Choices Omelettes” is made with egg whites, diced chicken, ham and swiss cheese for a great start to your day.
- Superior Restaurant: Superior Restaurant has been in business for over 35 years because the food is good and the service is quick. You can start your day with one of their breakfast specials or pick from the menu. They also have a selection of healthier choices available including granola pancakes.
- Brass Rail Restaurant: The Brass Rail Restaurant has been voted the best breakfast menu in the Morning Call’s Readers Choice Awards and if you take a look you’ll know why. Be sure to take a look at their breakfast specials which all include coffee and juice for under $9.00.
No more excuses not to head out for breakfast more often! There are lots of places you can try in the area that will satisfy your craving for all things delicious when it comes to breakfast! Where are you going first?