Your Spring Bucket List
Ah, springtime. The days are warmer, the birds are singing, and flowers are beginning to bloom! That means it’s time for some fun after the cold and snowy winter months! Spring is the perfect season to break out of your everyday routine and create a fun bucket list. From visiting a nearby park, taking a road trip, or enjoying brunch with friends – there truly is an endless array of things you can do right now.
- Get outside and enjoy the warmer weather. After a long winter, it feels great to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. Take a hike, go fishing, or just sit in the park and enjoy the fresh air.
- Plant a garden. Spring is the perfect time to start a garden. Whether you want to grow flowers, vegetables, or herbs, there’s nothing more satisfying than harvesting your own homegrown produce. Pick up some containers at your local home improvement store and start planting!
- Go on a picnic. Pack a basket with your favorite food and drinks, and head to your local park for a picnic lunch. Don’t forget to bring a blanket to sit on!
- Visit a farmers’ market. Farmers’ markets are full of fresh fruits and vegetables that are in season. This is the perfect place to stock up on ingredients for your spring cooking.
- Make a spring-themed craft. Get into the spirit of spring by making some seasonal crafts. Paint some rocks, make a wreath out of flowers, or decorate a pot for your new plants.
- Go for a scenic drive. Spring is a great time to explore your local area or take a road trip to somewhere new. Enjoy the scenery and stop at any interesting places along the way.
- Attend a sporting event. Baseball season is in full swing by springtime, so head to your local ballpark for some hot dogs and peanuts (and maybe even catch a foul ball!). And if you’d rather play a sport than watch it, how about a round of golf or tennis?
- Spend time with family and friends. Take advantage of the warmer weather by spending more time with your loved ones. Plan outdoor activities like BBQs, picnics, or days at the beach.
- Fly a kite. Spring is the perfect time of year to fly a kite! The mild temperatures and gentle breeze make it an ideal activity for both children and adults alike. Watching your colorful kite soar high in the sky can be a great way to get outside, have some fun, and enjoy the beautiful weather.
- Take a bike ride. Going for a bike ride in the spring can be an excellent way to get some fresh air, enjoy nature, and work up a sweat too. Whether you’re going for a leisurely cruise with friends or challenging yourself with a long-distance ride, hopping on your bike this spring is sure to offer an enjoyable journey!
- Enjoy brunch with friends. Enjoying delicious food and catching up over coffee or mimosas is the perfect way to start off the weekend in style. Look for a place with outdoor dining if you really want to enjoy the nicer weather.
- Try geocaching. Geocaching is an outdoor adventure that combines technology, nature, and exploration. It’s a great activity to do with friends and family on a spring day. An app or GPS coordinates will be used to locate hidden containers, usually called “caches.” In each cache, you’ll find log books and trinkets left by other geocachers. Geocaching is the perfect blend of physical exercise and problem-solving, making it an ideal way to spend quality time with your loved ones this spring!
So get ready to enjoy the season and have some fun! Which things are you looking forward to doing?