Check Out These Netflix Food and Cooking Shows
Could you spend hours pouring over cookbooks? Do you love creating delicious meals? Do you watch cooking shows hoping you can pick up a few new tips and tricks?
You’re not alone. Lots of people love cooking – and watching other people cook! That’s why there are entire networks dedicated to food and cooking, and why various streaming platforms are working to bring cooking shows to you.
Netflix is definitely one of those streaming platforms that loves to showcase cooking and baking – and here are some of their shows that you can check out!
- The Chef Show: Writer, director and food enthusiast Jon Favrea and chef Roy Choi explore food in and out of the kitchen with accomplished chefs and celebrity friends.
- Nadiya’s Time to Eat: On this cooking show, Nadiya Hussain serves up delicious shortcuts, vital ingredients and fast favorites – perfect for today’s time-strapped families. “The Great British Bake Off” winner, chef and author Nadiya Hussain shares her best time-saving tips and dishes.
- Nadiya Bakes: Delightful cakes and heavenly breads pop from the oven as Nadiya Hussain returns to baking, her happy place, and spotlights creative kindred spirits.
- Salt Fat Acid Heat: Chef and food writer Samin Nosrat travels the world to explore four basic keys to wonderful cooking, serving up feats and helpful tips along the way.
- The Great British Baking Show: A talented batch of amateur bakers face off in a 10-week competition, whipping up their best dishes in the hopes of being named the U.K.’s best.
- Cooked: As he tried his hand at baking, brewing and braising, acclaimed food writer Michael Pollan explores how cooking transforms and shapes our world.
- The Final Table: Teams of elite chefs vie to impress the world’s toughest palates as they whip up iconic dishes from nine nations in this star-packed competition.
- Taco Chronicles: Many of the most popular taco styles have long, rich, little-known histories. Explore some of them in this eye-opening, mouth-watering food adventure.
- Chef’s Table: In this Emmy-nominated series, meet culinary stars around the world who are redefining gourmet food with innovative dishes and tantalizing desserts.
- Ugly Delicious: All the flavor. None of the BS. Star chef David Chang leads friends on a mouthwatering, cross-cultural hunt for the world’s most satisfying grub.
- Flavorful Origins: Embark on a delightful journey through the culinary traditions of China and uncover the stories of the people who create and cherish its dishes.
- High on the Hog: How African American Cuisine Transformed America: Black food is American food. Chef and writer Stephen Satterfield traces the delicious, moving throughlines from Africa to Texas in this docuseries.
- Best Leftovers Ever!: Decadent pasta from day-old fries? Skillful cooks transform tired leftovers into tantalizing new dishes in this wildly creative culinary competition.
- Street Food: Latin America: In this vibrant docuseries, Latin American chefs tell their stories and bring a taste of tradition and innovation to their delicious offerings.
- Fresh, Fried, and Crispy : Passionate about food and ready for fun, critic Daym Drops drops in on America’s smokin’ hot spots for the best, freshest takes on fried food.
- Chef’s Table: BBQ: The Emmy-nominated series delves into the juicy, smoky world of barbecue, visiting acclaimed chefs and pitmasters in the US, Australia, and Mexico.
If you want to kick your feet up and take a break from preparing delicious dishes, then why not watch some Netflix? Netflix has a ton of cooking and baking shows that are sure to inspire you, teach you, or even make you laugh!
***All show descriptions courtesy of Netflix