Simple and Easy Cleaning Tips
Cleaning can be a difficult task sometimes – and it’s definitely something that most people don’t like to do. There are always going to be those hard-to-reach spots, and there will always be some tough stains that you just don’t know how to get out. But with a few simple tips and tricks – it might not be so bad!
- Tip #1: If you have any stubborn stains, use a little vinegar to help break down the stain. Just spray some on and then rinse as normal; it should come out with just a few tries. Vinegar is also useful if there are oil or grease stains around the stovetop or sink area where food tends to get stuck.
- Tip #2: Keep an old toothbrush handy so that you can reach those hard-to-reach places in furniture like corners of bookshelves or even inside drawers. You can also find uses for them when cleaning other things like bathroom tile or grout – since they’re great at getting into all the nooks and crannies.
- Tip #3: Skip the expensive store-bought cleaners and make your own! You can mix ingredients like baking soda, white vinegar, dish soap, or even lemon juice to create a customized cleaner that will work best on tough stains in your home. Then you know exactly what’s going into it since you made it yourself!
- Tip #4: Keep a dry erase board handy, so you can jot down any hard-to-reach areas that need to be cleaned in the future or need extra attention next time. This is also helpful if your schedule gets busy and cleaning falls by the wayside; cross off “dry erase” items when completed as a reminder for next time.
- Tip #5: If you want to clean window sills and tracks, try using an old squeegee or an oversized sponge and some soapy water to scrub away dirt.
- Tip #6: Use the right tools when it comes to deep cleaning floors! Try a vacuum cleaner first before going at it with traditional mops and buckets—this will suck up any leftover dust and debris hidden in corners. You can also use a broom with an attachment like an extendable handle to get underneath furniture or around other hard-to-reach spaces, which will make your floor that much cleaner! And when it comes to carpets, you might consider renting a carpet cleaner.
- Tip #7: When it comes to cleaning those pesky hard-to-reach places, the easiest solution might be something you already have. Try using a broom with an extendable handle for extra reach when trying to clean high spots like corners of ceilings.
- Tip #8: If you have trouble getting your oven looking brand new again (especially if it’s been neglected with regular use), there are a few easy ways to bring back its shine. Wiki shares three easy ways – so you can choose which one works for you.
- Tip #9: Clean regularly. The most common reason that you end up with stains or a collection of dust is that you’re not cleaning regularly – especially the hard-to-reach spots. Create a calendar so that you know what has to be cleaned and when – and then try to stick to it!
Keeping a clean home is important for many reasons – including your physical and mental health – so, while it may not be your favorite task – it’s one that has to get done. These tips should make it a little easier – and if you have others, please share in the comments!