Best Sites for Reading Reviews
When you are considering buying something, do you usually do some research about the product? What about when you hire someone to do work for you? It’s important to gather as much information as possible about goods and services before you make a purchase, so you don’t end up wasting your money.
Luckily, there are plenty of places you can check to get reviews about products and businesses today. Here are some of the best ones out there when you need to do some research.
- Amazon: Amazon is chocked full of reviews. In fact, there are so many that it can become a bit overwhelming. But it’s well worth it to see what people have to say. Take the time to read some and see what ratings have been given. Additionally, be sure to read the questions that people have submitted – as they may answer some of the same questions you have.
- Angie’s List: If you are looking to find certified professionals to help you with projects at home or with a business, Angie’s List is one of the most trusted sites around. You fill in some information about the service you are looking for, and then you receive a list of people in your area.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB): The Better Business Bureau has long been the gold standard in reviews of businesses. Here you can not only read reviews (and leave reviews), but you can file a complaint about a company, too.
- Citysearch: Citysearch can help you learn about businesses in your area, such as restaurants, hotels, shopping, and more.
- Consumer Reports: Are you searching for an in-depth review of a product? Then head to the Consumer Reports website. There you will find reviews on everything from cars to appliances to electronics. This is a great site to check out if you want to compare similar products to decide which is the best for you.
- Dex Knows: Dex Knows is another site for seeing reviews on local businesses in your area. From taxi companies to restaurants, you can see who’s popular and why.
- Google+ Local / Google Places: Google reviews are extremely popular, and with the popularity of the Google search engine, you’ll see them anytime you search for a business or product. You can easily sort Google reviews to show you the newest or the highest rated or the lowest rated, depending on what information you want.
- Home Advisor: Home Advisor is another site you can go to if you need to find someone local to help you with a project, such as house cleaning or painting, for your home or office.
- Insider Pages: If you want a recommendation for anything from automotive repair to moving companies, head to Insider Pages. You can read reviews and, hopefully, find just the person you’re looking for.
- Judy’s Book: Judy’s Book bills itself as the “social search tool to get the trusted scoop on local places.” It’s easily searchable by one of the categories listed. This site is better for larger cities.
- Trip Advisor: Who hasn’t used Trip Advisor to get a recommendation while they’re on vacation or traveling for business? It’s your one-stop-shop for booking travel and finding suggestions when you are in a new city.
- Yelp!: Yelp! is another well-established review site. Here you can not only read reviews but also write reviews on businesses – which helps to make the site even more useful.
If you’ll be making a major purchase, patronizing a business, or looking for help around your home or business, take the time to seek out recommendations and read reviews. Additionally, write reviews when you have the chance. This helps make these sites even more relevant and useful to those seeking information.