Cookbooks for Soups, Stews, and Chilis
Do the winter months have you craving foods that are warm and comforting? If the answer is yes, then you’re probably a fan of soups, stews, and chilis. They rank high on the list of winter classics!
This winter if you want to find some new recipes to make for your family, consider one of these cookbooks! They contain recipes that are sure to hit the spot!
- Taste of Home Soups, Stews and More: Ladle Out 325+ Bowls of Comfort: Featuring more than 300 succulent recipes, Taste of Home Soups, Stews & More makes an ideal addition to any home cook’s collection. Featuring everything from basic broths and weeknight classics to impressive first-course starters and holiday staples, this all-new cookbook offers the versatile recipes today’s cooks rely on most. You’ll also find soups sized right for smaller households, slow-cooked and Instant Pot greats, and handy kitchen tips that beat the clock. Take a look inside, and you’ll find that Taste of Home Soups, Stews & More has all the right ingredients for simmering up the perfect meal!
- Super Easy Soups and Stews: 100 Soups, Stews, Broths, Chilis, Chowders, and More!: Super Easy Soups and Stews offers 100 ridiculously easy recipes for all your favorite soups, stews, chilies, chowders, and more. Whether you like to prepare dinner on the stovetop or in your slow cooker, Instant Pot, pressure cooker, Dutch oven, or Ninja Foodi, there are plenty of delicious options here. Find recipes such as:
- Meatball Tortellini Soup
- Baked Potato Soup
- Egg Drop Soup
- Beef and Black Bean Chili
- Chickpea Chili
- Harvest Corn Chowder
- Mushroom Stew
- And more!
- These recipes use ingredients that are inexpensive and easy to find at your local grocery store. You’ll also find helpful ideas for freezing soups, time-saving tips for prepping ingredients, and handy substitutions to customize soups to your tastes and dietary needs.
- Soup of the Day (Rev Edition): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year: Soup is often thought of as a comfort dish for cold weather, Soup of the Day showcases how diverse soups can be. From light gazpachos to hearty chowders, cream of tomato to chicken noodle, vegetable-lentils to steak and potatoes, there’s something to please every palate throughout the year—and plenty of full-meal soups for easy dinner solutions.
- New recipes include:
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Pancetta & Gremolata
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts Soup with Maple Bacon
- Indian-Spiced Parsnip Soup with Grilled Naan
- Mac & Cheese Chili
- Tofu-Kimchi Stew
- Mushroom, Leek, Wheat Berries & Shrimp Soup
- Snow Pea Consommé with Cheese Tortellini
- Caramelized Leek Soup with Blue Cheese Crumble
- Lamb & Chickpea Chili with Cumin Crema
- Carrot-Gruyere Soup with Brown Butter Croutons
- Asiago-Stout Soup with Caramelized Spicy Pears
- Ramen with Roasted Pork & Soft Egg in Spicy, Soy Broth
- Clam & Celery Root Chowder
- Cream of Black Bean Soup with Roasted Poblanos & Cotija Cheese
- Provencal Chard Soup with Lardons
- Ginger–Galangal Broth with Chili & Chicken
- Meyer Lemon & Potato Soup
- Tomato Tarragon Soup with Fennel Croutons
- Grilled Asparagus & Green Onion Soup with Poached Egg
- Corn & Spinach Chowder with Avocado
- The recipes are categorized by month of the year and laid out in an easy-to-follow, calendar format. The monthly calendars highlight the season’s best ingredients to bring you fresh and delicious flavor combinations all year round.
- New recipes include:
- Chili Madness: A Passionate Cookbook- More Than 130 New Recipes!: Beloved chili. Passionate chili. Hot chili . . . and not just because of the chiles. Chili, the star of cook-offs, the obsession of societies, and the subject of endless debate over its proper preparation. Has there ever been a better time to be a chili head? A well-stocked supermarket today carries a variety of fresh and dried chiles, fresh cilantro, myriad dried and canned beans, chipotle powder, and all the makings for sides and salsas, from tortillas in the refrigerator case to organic avocados. Jane Butel’s Chili Madness has been praised as “an elegant celebration” (Travel + Leisure) that “chile lovers will love” (New York Post), it’s the spicy bestseller with over 330,000 copies in print.
- Extensively revised, updated, and expanded, the book will fire up a whole new generation of chili fanatics. Of the 160-plus recipes, more than 130 are brand-new. Here are classics, including Reno Red and Navajo Green and Buzzard’s Breath Chili, as well as newfangled bowls like Moroccan Chili and White Lobster Chili. To accompany the main event are savory breads (Bacon Crumble Cornbread); tempting sidekicks (Hot ’n’ Spicy Okra, Red Hot Sweet Potato Lace); fire-taming salads (Crispy Cilantro Coleslaw); and margaritas, of course. (Six kinds!) Luscious desserts such as Double Chocolate Farmer’s Cakes provide the perfect sweet ending, while chili leftovers are reinvented in crowd-pleasers like Texas-Style Burritos.
The cold weather is definitely here, but the recipes in these cookbooks will definitely warm you up! After all, soups, stews, and chilis are ideal for warming you up – and there seems to be an endless selection of recipes to choose from!
***All book descriptions courtesy of Amazon