Fall Fashion Must-Haves
Every season seems to bring with it a new list of must-haves – whether it be for your home or your closet. If fashion is your thing and you’re wondering what’s trendy for fall 2020, then you’re in luck.
There are a lot of stylish things that seem to be making their way into stores or to your favorite online retailer that are definitely going to be popular. And, even if you don’t want to spend a whole lot on new clothes or accessories this season, you can always hit your closet to see what you may have that can be worked into your fall wardrobe – just look for these things!
- Tiny Handbags: Not everyone is a lover of this trend, but tiny handbags seem to be everywhere this year. And not just small ones – really minuscule ones. Some of them are so small that they only hold your identification and a credit card. But, if you like the look – you should pick up a couple.
- Anything in the Color Purple: Each season seems to have a color that you’ll see everywhere, and this fall it’s purple. Deep, rich, and majestic, purple is a fantastic accent color with tan and black – so don’t be afraid to add it to your wardrobe – even if you don’t think you’ll like it. You may end up pleasantly surprised!
- Capes: Capes are all over the runways – and they certainly make a statement. Pick up one or two in neutral colors that you can wear when the days get a little cooler.
- Thin Belts: Thin belts continue to remain popular. They’re a great way to show off your waist or gather in a dress that seems to have some extra material. Also, think about using it to cinch a blazer in for a more tailored look.
- Satin: The hot material this fall is satin. Satin shirts, satin pants, satin skirts – you name it – satin is the fabric to wear. And it can be worn day or night depending on what you pair it with.
- Off-the-Shoulder: Lots of blouses, sweaters, and even sweatshirts will showcase your shoulders this year. Whether it be one shoulder with an asymmetrical look or both shoulders – get ready to show them off.
- Long Coats: Extremely long coats are also on trend this year. With lots falling below your ankles or even touching the floor, you’ll have to decide if this is one look you’re going to embrace or let go.
- Plaids: With the extreme popularity of the television show “Outlander,” it’s no wonder that plaids are everywhere! Find a pattern you like and add some plaid to your closet this fall in the form of pants, a skirt, or shirt!
- Gold: Jewelry trends show that gold is the metal of choice this autumn. Find some chunky necklaces or bracelets or big earrings that will allow you to make a statement at a relatively low cost.
- Suit Jackets and Blazers: Suit jackets and blazers are being mixed and matched with dresses, skirts, pants, and jeans this fall. You might have one sitting in your closet or head to your local thrift store where there are usually a ton of them (check the men’s section) for a reasonable price.
Which one of these fall fashion trends are you going to try? Will you need to go shopping, or did you have something in your closet that will work? No matter the case, some of these trends are easy to incorporate and will have you looking like a million bucks this autumn.