The month of ghouls and goblins is here! Are you busy decorating your home for Halloween? Have you been watching scary movies? Have you been enjoying a few extra pieces of candy? Those are all must-dos during the month of October!
Of course, if you’re looking for some special desserts to prepare this month, there are lots of fun treats that can be made. Whether you’re making dessert for your family, or friends, or for a few kids that are coming over to watch “Casper the Friendly Ghost,” – here are some recipes that are perfect for Halloween.
- Easy Halloween Chocolate Boo Bark: Recipes for chocolate bark always seem to pop up around the holidays because, with the addition of some holiday sprinkles or candies, you can create something really fun. But this recipe has a secret ingredient that takes it to the next level – Rice Krispies! Now your chocolate bark will have an extra bit of crunch to it!
- Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow: Pumpkin spice recipes dominate the fall months, but if you’re looking for one that’s a bit different – try this one. Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow is delicious – and oh, so cute with the addition of mellowcreme pumpkins. And unlike most “Puppy Chow” recipes – there’s no peanut butter in this one – which is great for kids who might have a peanut allergy.
- Spider Web Cake: Do you love a rich, chocolatey cake? Then you must make this Spider Web Cake! The sour cream and buttermilk help to keep it incredibly moist and the spider web decoration on top is really easy to make. It definitely fits the season!
- Halloween S’mores Dip: If you and your family are going to settle in to watch a Halloween movie after dinner, then you need a fun dessert! This Halloween S’mores Dip is all that and more! Instead of using plain marshmallows, pick up some Halloween Peeps (they’re not just for Easter anymore) and create this tasty treat.
- Candy Corn Cupcakes: Even if you don’t like the taste of candy corn, you’ll like these cupcakes – because they don’t taste like candy corn. They look like cute little candy corns but are really just a doctored up version of your favorite store-bought white cake mix. You can even let the kids help make these.
- Easy Caramel Apples: Caramel apples are a fall classic, and they’re really easy to make at home. These get “kicked up a notch” with the addition of toppings and melted chocolate, but you can always skip those and create just the classic caramel apple.
- Graveyard Dirt Cake: Do you want a cake that’s both delicious and fun? This Graveyard Dirt Cake is both of those things. With crushed up Oreos, mellowcreme pumpkins, and double fudge cookies – how could you go wrong? And, you can add a few marshmallow Peeps ghosts to add to the spooky factor.
- Easy Strawberry Ghosts: How about a dessert that is super easy to prepare and somewhat healthy? Easy Strawberry Ghosts are just that! Pick up some delicious looking strawberries and use white chocolate and milk (or dark) chocolate to create these adorable ghosts.
- Jack-o’-Lantern Pumpkin Hand Pies: Any dessert you can pick up with your hands is sure to be a winner. These Jack-o’-Lantern Hand Pies are just mini pumpkin pies dressed up as spooky pumpkins – and everyone will love them.
- Rice Krispie Ghosts: Who doesn’t like Rice Krispie Treats? So, for Halloween, why not make them in the shape of ghosts? You can use a cookie cutter to cut out the ghosts or just freehand it if you feel confident.
This Halloween, try one of these delicious and fun desserts that will have everyone in the spooky spirit!