Ice Cream Recipes for National Ice Cream Day on July 19th
Creamy and delicious, and oh-so refreshing on a hot day, ice cream is an ideal treat for dessert or as a snack (or even for breakfast!). And, with its multitude of flavors, just about everyone can find one that they love.
And, while you may think that ice cream is a modern invention with its need to be stored in the freezer, that’s just not the case. You can find ice cream-type dishes being mentioned in ancient Persia, Greece, and China going back many centuries.
But nowadays, this sweet treat is readily available, and you can head to your local ice cream shop to get a scoop of your favorite flavor or get adventurous and try making it at home.
July 19th is National Ice Cream Day, so why not make your own ice cream? Here are some recipes that can help you celebrate!
- Recipes for Use With an Ice Cream Maker: If you have an ice cream maker, or you’re thinking about purchasing one, you will find a ton of great ice cream recipes that will keep you churning away all summer long. Plus, an ice cream maker is really convenient and creates delicious ice cream.
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream: A delicious vanilla ice cream recipe will always serve you well. You will find that you can add many different flavorings and additions to it to change up the flavor profile. This recipe with just four ingredients is very easy to throw together – and very tasty!
- Chocolate Ice Cream: Who doesn’t love some chocolate ice cream? This recipe from Food Network’s Alton Brown has a 5-star rating and over 200 hundred reviews – so you know it’s good.
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream: Another summertime favorite has to be strawberry ice cream. When you see fresh strawberries in your grocery store or at the farmers’ market, pick some up and give this recipe a try.
- Meyer Lemon Sorbet: And, while not an ice cream recipe, this Meyer lemon sorbet is super refreshing and tastes like a glass of frozen lemonade.
- Recipes for Use Without an Ice Cream Maker: No ice cream maker? No problem! You can still make homemade ice cream at home by using one of these no-churn recipes.
- No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream: You should always have a great vanilla ice cream recipe, and this no-churn one from the Food Network Kitchen is yummy! And check out their suggestions for mix-ins! Cookies and Cream anyone?
- No-Churn Double Chocolate Ice Cream: Chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips? Yes, please! With a few simple ingredients, you can make this recipe!
- Coffee Ice Cream Without a Machine: Coffee fans will love this coffee ice cream recipe. It’s extremely easy to make and brings all of that coffee flavor you love to this sweet dessert.
- Refreshing Orange Sorbet: Here’s another recipe that’s not ice cream, but is equally tasty – and you only need a few ingredients.
- Toppings: Now, if you want to take your ice cream to the next level, think about adding some toppings. You can make an ice cream sundae bar that you and your family will love!
So, are you ready to celebrate National Ice Cream Day? Which flavor is your favorite? And, are you ready to give homemade ice cream a try? Don’t be intimidated! Whether you have an ice cream maker or are going to try the no-churn method, you can create a tasty treat and some great memories at home.