What’s Hot for Your Home This Year?
Now that we are well into 2020, you may be looking to do some interior design updates around your apartment. Perhaps you want to update some furniture or change your curtains? Are you looking to add some of this year’s trends to your home decor?
If the answer is yes, there are some great trends that you may be able to incorporate with some of your current styles. By adding a few of the current hot trends and mixing in your existing pieces you can save money and give your place a refresh.
- Paint Colors That Are In: Paint is a great way to update a room and it doesn’t even have to be all of the walls. Accent walls are great or repainting a piece of furniture can bring you just the right amount of color. This year there are several “hot” colors you might consider. Blush pink and classic blue (navy) are two of them and they work surprisingly well with lots of design styles. Additionally, you will see lots of “natural” colors – greens, tans, and yellows – which work well if you prefer a more neutral color palette.
- Sustainability: Sustainability has been a hot topic for the last few years and it’s definitely coming to interior design, too. Look to bring in furnishings and eco-friendly products that will enhance your apartment’s look. Check out these 10 eco-friendly furniture sources if you are looking for something new.
- Creating a Relaxing and Calm Space: You most likely lead a very busy life, but when you come home, you should have a relaxing and calm space. There are lots of easy ways to do this. You can add comfortable furniture, bring in plants and greenery, and use candles and dim lighting to add to the mood. Whatever makes a space relaxing to you – that’s what you should think about.
- Making the Kitchen the Center of Your Home: If you enjoy entertaining, no longer does your living room have to be the space where everyone congregates. Make your kitchen a welcoming space and let your guests hang out with you. Have some seating for your guests and invite them in to have a drink.
- Geometrics: Geometric patterns are extremely popular this year. You will see bedding, pillows, blankets, and more with great geometric patterns in all sorts of colors. Think about where you can add some geometric touches – even in a bathroom to bring a fresh look.
- Floral Prints: When you think of floral prints, you may have images of your grandma’s furniture, but florals have come a long way. You’ll find that floral prints are being used in all sorts of ways and that they don’t have to be overly feminine if that’s not your preferred design style. You can find bold florals that can coexist with pieces you currently own or just use florals during the summer months if you like to change things seasonally.
- Mixing Metals: There once was a time when you would never mix metals. If you had brass fixtures throughout your home, then you were sure to use it consistently. That’s not the case in 2020. Don’t be afraid to buy metal pieces that catch your eye – no matter what the metal is.
- Maximalism: Minimalism has been the big thing for the last few years, but now maximalism is making a resurgence. And it’s just what you think – filling your home with things you love, but not quite to the tipping point of looking like a hoarder.
If you’re ready to change a few things up in your apartment, then maybe a few of the trends from 2020 are what you’re looking for. Giving your place and update doesn’t need to be a huge undertaking – all you need to do is choose a few key items to change up your decor.